Thursday, January 29, 2009

White Rabbit

I'm late, I'm late For a very important date No time to say Hullo, Goodbye I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.
I won't be bowling today, but Matt will and I slept in this morning. Sorry guys. We have to be at a restaurant at 11:30 for lunch with bowling at 1:00.
African Tomato-Avocado-Buttermilk Soup 3 lb Tomatoes, peeled and seeded 2 Tbs Tomato paste 1 cup Buttermilk 1 Tbs Olive oil 1 Avocado, mashed to a puree Juice of 1 lemon 2 Tbs Finely minced fresh parsley Salt and pepper to taste Hot pepper sauce Garnish: 1 Cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced, sour cream, plain yogurt, or creme fraiche 1 Purée tomatoes in a food processor or food mill, then press through a sieve to remove seeds. In a large mixing bowl, beat the pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, buttermilk, and oil. Toss pureed avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice to hold the color. Add the avocado, remaining lemon juice, and parsley to the tomato mixture; stir to mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and a generous number of drops of hot pepper sauce. Refrigerate several hours before serving. 2 At serving time, taste soup for seasonings. Ladle into individual bowls and have guests garnish their portions with cucumber and sour cream. Pass hot pepper sauce around to add more piquancy. Servings: 8 Recipe Source Source: Sankofa Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment