Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Howl at the Moon, New Hamburg,

We went to lunch yesterday - mainly because I was too lazy to prepare anything. The special at Howl at the Moon was Jambalaya made with pasta. I have never heard of a pasta Jambalaya before so decided to try it. It had chicken, spicy sausage and 3 shrimp. Not bad, but I must say, I still prefer Jambalaya made with rice. Matt had a half Reuben with a Cæsar Salad. (Hey just discovered I can do dipthongs). I remembered my mini camera so took a shot of my Jambalaya, with the flash, I couldn't see it, took one without, bit dark but with a little editing effort its not a bad picture. However, Matt's lunch didn't come out at all without the flash - need more practice with this camera obviously. In a little while, we will be taking part in our bowling tournament and then we will be going out to lunch again. How about that, lunch out two days running. There is a really good restaurant I have mentioned before called The Waterlot. I would like to go to lunch there, but the rest of the team may not want to go there so guess it ain't my choice. Its just round the corner from Riverside Bowling Lanes too. Hope you have your fingers crossed for us today. Indian Tomato Salad Canadian Living Cooks Yield: 4 * 1/4 cup vegetable oil * 2 tbsp wine vinegar * 1 tbsp lime, juice or 1 tbsp lemon, juice * 1 clove garlic, minced * 1 tsp Dijon mustard * 1/4 tsp ground cumin * 1/4 tsp salt * 1/4 tsp pepper * 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint * 2 large tomato, sliced * 1 onion, thinly, sliced * 1 x 7 inch piece English cucumber, thinly, sliced * fresh mint, leaves 1. In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, mustard, cumin, salt and pepper. 2. Stir in mint. 3. Add sliced tomatoes, onion and cucumber; toss gently. 4. Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.) 5. Garnish with mint leaves. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment