Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Blog, Suds Summit, Lyme Rage,

I have added a new Blog to my Bloglist. It is for Barrie's Asparagus. I hadn't realised Tim Barrie had started a new blog until yesterday. It is full of news about the food they are offering. On the principle of buying within 100 miles, they are a good place to go. In fact, we probably won't go except for the asparagus (in season) as there are places a lot closer to us selling much the same things. Sorry I can't support him, but its quite a long way to go. I can't believe all the fuss which is going on about the cop, the President and the professor. The country's at war, the financial situation is dire, and people are worrying about Obama saying "the police acted stupidly" - he didn't say they were stupid, just that they had acted stupidly. Now he is hoping to settle the whole thing over a beer, they are calling it The Suds Summit. Because of this, Obama's ratings have apparently plunged. I think that is stupid, but then nobody cares what I say, I'm not the President. I just don't think it was that bad and a stupid fuss is being made over something stupid. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, the story is here on GMA's site. A report this morning is talking about Lyme Rage, ostensibly caused by Lyme Disease. Apparently it can exacerbate people's tempers and even, in some cases, change their personality. Here is an article by a doctor which talks about it in detail. I must admit the very thought of ticks gives me the heebie jeebies. I guess we were lucky in the Carolinas, we never picked up any kind of tick, but it was always a possibility. For supper the other night, I just threw a few things together, I defrosted some chicken breasts and we had a good meal for two nights running. Not my usual kind of cookery, but it worked... Chicken Casserole 1/2 a large onion, chopped 1/2 lb button mushrooms, sliced 1/2 red or yellow pepper 2 stalks of chopped celery 4 chicken breasts on the bone 1 can each Campbell's mushroom and Campbell's celery soup 1 soup can water Seasoning to taste. I sautéed the onions, mushrooms and peppers then put everything in a casserole and cooked it for about an hour until the chicken was done. It was pretty good. I wouldn't have minded a dash or two of cayenne but Matt is not big on spicey foods so I didn't add it. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Jo, the French also can't understand why everyone's so upset about what Obama had said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, its ridiculous isn't it? Let's hope the Suds Summit will clear it all up and it won't be heard of again.

    ReplyDelete