Monday, January 11, 2010

Recipe Only

I just wrote a long blog and somehow, lost the whole thing. Unfortunately I don't have time to write it all again this morning, Sorry about that. Blame Blogger. As some of you may recall, I have a lot of cooked pork to be used up. Yesterday I did some Googling and came to a site called Thrifty Fun which had all kinds of recipes for leftover pork. In the end I chose the following one by Allanna for supper last night and served it with rice and a few green beans. It was very good. Definitely a keeper. Pork and Mushrooms I didn't add the sugar. left over pork, cubed (I used 1/2 lb.) 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil (I needed a bit more) 1-1.5 cups fresh, sliced mushrooms (I actually used a full half pound) 1/4 cup sweet vermouth 1 tsp sugar 1. Heat olive oil. Add mushrooms and sautee lightly. Add vermouth and sugar and cook until mushrooms are a nice golden brown. add pork. Stir until pork is heated through. Can be served over white or yellow rice. Servings: 2 Have a great day

3 comments:

  1. Disappearing text can be a very frustrating thing - happens to me often too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time its happened to me on blogger, however, I have nearly finished re-writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write mine on Word first and then copy and paste to my blog.

    ReplyDelete