Friday, May 20, 2011

Mulberry, Photo, Hotel.

A year or two ago, I don’t remember when, I bought some mulberry leaf pills which were good for reducing high blood sugar in diabetes. I have no idea why I didn’t take them, but I found them in my cupboard a few weeks ago and started taking them. By golly, they work. My sugar levels have been much better. Although it suggests taking two, I have only been taking one a day. I know I can buy them on line but now I need to check my local health store. Here is an interesting article about the benefits of mulberry http://tinyurl.com/5ugxg6t If only I had known, when I was around 9 we lived in a house with a mulberry tree in the back yard.

camelthorntrees

This is not a painting, it is a photograph of camel thorn trees. If you are interested to see the short article about this, go to http://tinyurl.com/6y9ffny to me it is an incredible shot. The orange is the rising sun on a sand dune in the Namib-Naukluft National Park. This was posted by a friend on Facebook, I just had to share it.

Oops, I am late posting this today, have Best Westernbeen messing around booking a hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Some friends and I are going to meet a very good cyber friend who is visiting the States and Canada from South Africa. Incredible, I tried phoning them and all the prices they gave me were very high, however, booking on line dropped the price to a reasonable level.

For a bit of fun, I was given a recipe from a friend in the Philippines for preparing snails or escargots. I was given some language amendments too, I might even try this recipe because I do like escargots. I am not sure how much a 1/4 tali is. Maybe a couple of dozen.

Kuhol sa Gata - Golden Snails Simmered in Thick, Spicy Coconut Milk

1 lb spinachkuholsagata

10 gms. garlic

20 gms. ginger

20 gms. onion

1 Tbs cooking oil 1 tsp salt

1 can coconut milk Some Long green chilis (to taste)

1/4 tali Snails or kuhol

1. Soak kuhol (snails) in water overnight.

2. Clean and wash the kuhol

3. Sauté garlic, ginger, onions, green chilis season with salt then add in the kuhol.(snails)

4. Simmer.

5. Pour in the coconut milk

6. Add the spinach leaves.

7. Let simmer until the coconut milk is well absorbed.

Source: Lutong Bahay

Have a great day

Jo

2 comments:

  1. I miss eating ginataang kuhol, its been years since I last taste this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I have never tasted it but would very much like to.

    ReplyDelete