Friday, May 6, 2011

Pain, PC, Recipes

ActiPatch BackI have been trying a product called ActiPatch for my back pain – guess what, it seems to work. I have worn it for approximately 8 hours a day for the last three days and whilst wearing it don’t have any pain although it does come back a little after several hours of not wearing it. It is supposed to last 720 hours. You apparently cannot replace the battery so have to buy another one. For me the link is www.ActiPatch.ca but no doubt in the States it would be www.Actipatch.com I wonder if I can get a commission from them for recommending it. The price shown in the picture is Canadian dollars. After a full 3 days of use I am very pleased with it although tomorrow I will be doing a fair bit of cooking and therefore standing so will see how it copes with my back pain then.

I have lost my desktop PC for a couple of days (I hope). I picked up some Malware plus a couple of things aren’t working the way they should. Trouble is I am not very experienced typing on my laptop and the cursor tends to jump to a different point all the time. So please forgive me if I type some very odd things today. It was interesting that the young man who repairs my computers,, Konstantin, asked if I had cooked all the recipes I published, I told him no, but that I had certainly cooked a large proportion of them. Sometimes after I have published them here. Usually the recipes I choose for here are ones I think we would enjoy so if I haven’t already done so, either Matt or I prepare them. Actually we had a Weight Watcher’s recipe last night which we have prepared before and enjoy and maybe when I have my PC back I will share it with you.

I like the look of some of the recipes I have been getting from WebMD, but they do contain a lot of unusual ingredients and I am not sure if they are readily available. I will have to make some enquiries. I sure don’t keep sorghum flour or xanthum gum in my pantry which seems to be what some of these recipes call for. However, I came across a more usual recipe from South Beach Diet which I thought I would publish.

Mini Cocoa Swirl Cheesecake

Serves: 6

Details:

Ricotta cheese mixed with reduced-fat cream cheese and cocoa makes a rich and creamy chocolaty dessert. Muffin tins produce individual servings, perfect for family or a party. Prep and bake times are quick, but you'll want to prepare this dessert in advance, so you can allow it to chill in the refrigerator before serving. (Phase 3)

Ingredients:

  • 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted

Nutritional Information:

130 calories
8 g fat (4.5 g sat)
7 g carbohydrate
7 g protein
0 g dietary fiber
125 mg sodium

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line 6 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
  2. Blend cream cheese and ricotta in a food processor until creamy
  3. Add sugar substitute, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla; process until smooth
  4. Divide 1 cup of the batter among the muffin cups. Add cocoa powder to the remaining batter and combine. Drop a heaping tablespoon of the cocoa batter into each muffin cup and gently fold to form a swirl.
  5. Place the muffin tin in a large roasting pan and fill the pan with hot water to reach halfway up the tin. Bake until the cakes are puffed and set, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the water and cool at room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.

Have a great day

Jo_thumb[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment