Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bowling, News Headlines, Angioplasty.

You know, bowling really is a stupid pastime, one My Ballminute you can bowl really well and the next you might never have bowled in your life. We have one friend who coined the phrase “I hate this game” and now most of us use it at one time or another. Yesterday was typical, I only beat my average once and yet last week I bowled really well. Stupid game and yet I keep going back for more, must need my head examined.

Today I started taking Mucomyst which is designed to protect my kidneys, as I am diabetic, from the dye they will be using on me tomorrow in surgery when I have my Peripheral Angioplasty. I take it twice today and twice tomorrow, not sure when I get my second dosage as I won’t be home til quite late. I have to spend some 6 hours resting my legs and keeping them totally straight. Sounds like fun doesn’t it? Hope I can read. A friend did offer to lend me her iPod which was nice of her.

As you know, we, or mainly Matt, watch Good Morning America. Personally I am sick to death of the coverage of two items, it goes on and on. One is about the sexting scandal with Rep. Anthony Wiener and the other about the woman, Casey Anthony, accused of murdering her child. We are getting blow by blow accounts of everything. Baggage FeesI hadn’t registered before that they are both connected by the name Anthony. Another big topic this morning was airline baggage fees. Apparently airlines are making millions out of this and yet they are still struggling financially. Seems to be something wrong somewhere. I am not sure we would be able to fly anywhere any more, getting way too expensive.

I don’t know about a blog tomorrow, or even later in the week depending on how much sitting I am allowed to do. I think it should be OK. I can’t shower for around 24 hours which will cause me a problem. I guess I will be able to do a PTA wash. I always remember a friend, when we were both in hospital, saying she had washed down as far as possible, then up as far as possible and finally she had washed possible. Anyway, think of my boredom lying still for around 6 hours.

I love cooking fish and other things in foil packets, it turns out so well, moist and delicious. Here is one I picked up from Recipe du Jour.

Caribbean Fish


4 (6-ounce) orange roughy filletsFish in foil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
2 medium-size yellow squash, sliced
1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into strips
4 teaspoons butter or margarine
4 teaspoons grated lime rind
4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 (2-ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted

Tear off 4 (18- x 12-inch) heavy-duty aluminum foil sheets.
Place a fillet in center of each foil sheet; sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Top evenly with squash and bell pepper; dot with butter. Sprinkle evenly with lime rind and remaining ingredients.
Bring up 2 sides of each foil sheet, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds. Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet. Place packets on a baking sheet.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350F to 400F) 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Makes 4 servings.

Have a great day

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment