Thursday, June 2, 2011

Prey, Free Coupons, Asparagus

On Good Morning America I just saw a segment about a man losing his laptop onto which he had installed Hidden App. This programme tracked his laptop and even sent back pictures of who was using it and where he was. He had a slight problem convincing the cops to go and get it for him, that got resolved in the end. However, my ears pricked up, as now and again I travel with my laptop and sometimes leave it in the car – like going to lunch or something. I investigated, Hidden App is actually for Macs, but there is another app called Prey which is for PCs and not only that, its free for a basic programme. My laptop is now being tracked. http://preyproject.com/

I am always complaining that any coupons, special offers and such like are rarely available in Canada. I got an email yesterday, which I thought was funny, it was basically saying “are you tired of coupons which aren’t right for you?” and then showing pictures offering “90% off snow”, “2 for 1 Iguana grooming” and “free cat dander”. I tried to copy the pix but couldn’t do so. I think coupon sites are pretty dangerous anyway, a good source for a virus or malware, but I was really interested in Iguana grooming LOL

Yesterday we went to get some asparagus Asparagus Flour 100 gramsand Tim Barrie told me about their asparagus flour. When he first said it I was thinking flower – mature asparagus grows ferns with berries and flowers. Apparently it is made using 5,000 lbs.Asparagus Flour for sale of whole asparagus which produces 200 lbs. of flour. It is very expensive $15 for a bag which is 100 grams. He told me it is used like a spice and sprinkled on foods. The main reason they make it is for their asparagus tortilla chips as well as now selling it to the public.

As you know, if you are a long time reader, I get a recipe from Mushrooms Canada on a regular basis, this one is their latest and sounds well worth trying to me. Yesterday I bought some quinoa to try the recipe I posted for a Quinoa Salad with chicken. Next I need to get some more mushrooms to try this new recipe.

Balsamic and Chili Glazed Mushrooms with Walnuts

1/4 cup each balsamic vinegar and lime Balsamic_and_Chili_Glazedjuice
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 - 1 tsp  hot red pepper flakes
1 cup broken walnut pieces
3 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 lb. fresh small mushrooms

In a measuring cup or small bowl mix vinegar, lime juice, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes, set aside. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add walnuts, cook and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove and set aside.

In same skillet heat oil over medium –high heat, add mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add walnuts to skillet and stir in vinegar mixture while stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and mushrooms are well coated. Serve on hot rice, greens or as a side dish to meats

Makes 4 main course servings.

Have a great day

Jo

3 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this pc tracker before. I will be a bit frightened to install it for privacy reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you don't have a laptop!! Or do you. It is installed on my laptop so that is what its tracking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipes - that's another recipe I can use! Thanks, Jo!

    ReplyDelete