Saturday, December 3, 2011

Shapewear, Coke Cans, Chocolate.

How would you like to be famous for your butt? I certainly wouldn’t, but Pippa Middleton is. Now you can buy butt enhancers to make Shapewearyour rear look like hers. These panties are known as shapewear – not all of them come as panties, the ones they had on GMA the other morning were inserts for your underwear or some were already fitted in jeans. I cannot imagine being world famous because of my butt, I wonder what she feels about all this. Its one thing if you are a film star or entertainer of some kind, Mae West and Dolly Parton spring to mind, but as a private person which Pippa is, even if she is related to a future queen of England. Come to think of it, I wonder what Her Majesty thinks about all this? The article promises to add 2 inches, I bet some of the people who buy these butt shapers don’t need another couple of inches in the first place.

I don’t drink Coke, haven’t done so for years, in fact I don’t drink any kinds of colas at all, but I am White Coke Cansstaggered at all the fuss being made about Coca Cola’s silver/white can which is designed to raise awareness about the plight of the polar bear. People are saying the drink doesn’t taste the same, I don’t believe this, how can the outside colour possibly make any difference? However, there has been such an outcry, Coca Cola have abandoned the silver cans and are going back to the red ones. It was only a temporary seasonal can anyway. I personally think their efforts to bring attention to the problems facing polar bears, is admirable and would buy the cans just to support this endeavour.

Tonight we have a couple of friends coming for dinner, so got a few things to do today. My bowling was putrid again yesterday, worse than ever, but I seem to Chocolate Turronbe suffering from quite a few aches and pains so I consider that an excuse. On the way home we stopped in and bought some more chocolate Turrón which I am intending to save for Christmas this time. It is sitting in the fridge out of the way. We gave some of the Turrón duro to the man who runs the bowling alley for us on Friday afternoons. I hope he enjoys it as much as I know we will. Looking at the picture, do you think I can wait a couple of weeks??? I have some Christmas cake waiting for me too, Matt doesn’t like it which is a pity because I used to make a super cake, but it was pretty large. He does like my Christmas puddings, but I don’t bother to make them any more as we don’t eat Christmas dinner at home. Ah well.

If you can afford the lobster, here is a nice recipe. As they point out, it is also good with crab or shrimp. Sigh, I love lobster, but the price is prohibitive these days.

Lobster Salad with Curried Vinaigrette

Source: Food & Wine

Serves 2

This refreshing, lightly spicy seafood appetizer is just as good with lump crabmeat or cooked shrimp.

Lobster saladINGREDIENTS

For Salad:

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

3 tablespoons sherry vinegar

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon sweet paprika

1/2 teaspoon Madras curry powder

1/2 teaspoon pure chili powder, such as ancho

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup finely diced unpeeled European cucumber

1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper

2 scallions, finely chopped

For Lobster:

1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-inch chunks

1/2 cup finely diced mango

1/2 cup frisée

4 Belgian endive spears

4 fresh chives

DIRECTIONS

FOR SALAD: In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, curry powder, chili powder and salt. Stir in the cucumber, red pepper and scallions and let the vegetables marinate for 10 minutes.

FOR LOBSTER: Fold the lobster, mango and frisée into the vegetable salad and spoon into 2 martini glasses or goblets or onto 2 small plates. Garnish each salad with 2 endive spears and 2 chives and serve

Have a great weekend

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment