Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Laptop Problems, New CD

I am not a happy camper today. Long story, but my laptop is 32 bit and desktop is cards64 bit. So I have some programmes on the laptop which I cannot run on the desktop, right? One programme I run is an old one by Parsons Technology called Adbook 6. I use it for all my Christmas card addresses and keeping track of everything like that. Couple of days ago, I though, haven’t backed it up for a while, so I did so on my sticks. Next time I went to use it, all the current information had disappeared. No problem, backed it up haven’t I, no I haven’t. None of it is there. Despite lots of searching and anything else I could think of, I have completely lost my current info on this programme so now I don’t know to whom I sent cards nor have I the current list of people who have sent me cards. Obviously that I can check from the actual cards, but the whole thing is extremely frustrating. I have no idea why this happened either. Grrrrr.

I received my copy of Rod Stewart’s Merry Christmas Baby yesterday, I Merry Christmas Babyhaven’t played it yet, we saw the show on TV the other day and just had to get the CD. I really enjoyed the music and now have two Rod Stewart CDs. In the old days I only enjoyed him singing Maggie May, but now he has changed somewhat, I am a fan. I decided to listen whilst I typed. His career has spanned some 40 odd years – who’d a thought it?

Last night I watched Santa Clause II with Tim Allen. I do like those movies. The first was my favourite but I enjoyed the second one. Only seen III once and don’t remember a whole heck of a lot about it. I saw somewhere that the movie Toy Story is one of the top favourites at this time of year, however, I saw several scenes from it during the movie I was watching. It looks totally ridiculous to me and I will not be bothering with it.

I wish I had seen this recipe prior to my cheese and wine party. It would have been a delightful addition. I found this recipe on Cooking.com.

Holiday Pine Cone Cheeseball

Contributed By: Donna

Almonds resemble the bristles of a pine cone atop this delicious cream cheesePine Cone Cheese Ball ball of bacon and herbs. It's almost too cute to eat!
INGREDIENTS

1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened

1/2 C. light mayonnaise

5 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled

1 tbsp. chopped green onion

1 tsp. chopped dill weed

1/8 tsp pepper

1 1/4 C. whole almonds, toasted

DIRECTIONS

Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise and mix well in a food processor or blender. Stir in the cooked bacon, green onion, dill weed and pepper. Cover and chill overnight.

Shape the cheese mixture into two small pinecones on serving plate. Starting at the narrow end, place almonds into the cheese on a slight angle, forming rows. Garnish with rosemary twigs to resemble pine needles. Serve with crackers.

Have a great day

Jo

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - sorry about the laptop et al - losing information is always a pain ... I hope you can resolve the issue.

    The pine cones look good - but very rich .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the info seems to have disappeared completely.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you can't find those files!
    Pine cone cheese balls look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see Rod Stewart is still putting out the music.

    And anything with bacon has to be good! Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing he's been going so long and still doing so well.

      Yes, bacon, definitely.

      Delete