Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saturday Recipe

In the New York Times food letter they were talking about Lobster Thermidor so I thought that would a good recipe for today. I have never eaten this dish. Apart from anything else, I thought that lobster was so expensive it was a shame to “muck it about”. Lobster has always been my favourite food. These days I might try it if I was ever in a position to do so.

Lobster Thermidor


"This stunning lobster dish is surprisingly simple to make. LobsteLobster Thermidor Reciper shells are stuffed with cooked lobster in a creamy white wine sauce, then topped with Parmesan cheese and broiled until golden."

Back
NextIngredients

Original recipe makes 2 servings
1 medium (1 1/2 pound) cooked lobster
2 tablespoons butter
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 3/8 cups fresh fish stock
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup double cream
1/2 teaspoon hot English mustard
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Cut the lobster in half lengthwise, and remove the meat from the claws and tail. Leave to one side. Remove any meat from the head and set aside. Cut the meat up into pieces and place back into the shell.
  2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot; cook and stir until tender. Mix in the fish stock, white wine and double cream. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half. Mix in the mustard, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
  3. Preheat your oven's broiler.
  4. Place the lobster halves on a broiling pan or baking sheet, and spoon the sauce over the lobster meat in the shell. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
  5. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, just until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Have a great weekend
Jo_thumb[2]

8 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds amazing - but not in this month's budget! Jo, I'll copy this - there may come a time for a sweet dinner date - one never knows (smile).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor mine Dixie. Maybe one of these days. Matt isn't that keen on lobster anyway although show me a lobster and I'll follow you anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Lobster is insanely expensive. Every now and then if Russell gets a round trip lobster load to Schenectady, he will be given a few lobsters to take home. Then he'll cook one or two for himself and give the rest away. It's always a very welcome gift from him too! I am, sadly, allergic, even to it cooking in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know JoJo, you've mentioned that before. I wish I lived near you. Such a pity you are allergic. I think of you whenever I post a recipe like this.

      Delete
  3. It sounds so fancy and yet it does seem to be relatively simple. How is Matt after his scan? I hope they've discovered a way to stop his pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty simple Pinky, just a matter of shelling (pun I guess) out for the lobster(s) in the first place.

      Not got any results yet, Monday I hope.

      Delete
  4. I have actually only had lobster once when I was a kid. I remember enjoying it. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I have said, it's my all time favourite food. Not that I get to eat it much these days.

      Delete